Chancellor's Study Group: Integrated Marketing CommunicationsThroughout the report there are references to “IMC,” which is customarily used to reference the Office of Integrated Marketing Communications. IMC is also a model of communications referred to as integrated marketing communications. For the purposes of this report, IMC will reference the model of communication while OIMC will reference the Office of Integrated Marketing Communications.
In April 2015, Chancellor Leavitt charged a Chancellor Study Group with the following tasks:
- Study national best practices of integrated marketing communications in a higher education organization.
- Work across campus to gather needs and concerns from stakeholders with regard to communication support services and coordination of efforts, identifying current communication resources that exist at UW Oshkosh.
- Develop and present organizational options and their pro’s and con’s with the following goals:
- Optimizing the collaboration and coordination of resources
- Presenting a unified voice and visual identity for the University
- Maximizing operational efficiency
- Improving strategic effectiveness
- Measuring the impact of a unified effort
- Ensuring campus needs are met while moving institutional priorities forward
This group was expanded in fall of 2015 and charged with creating a final recommendation for Chancellor Leavitt to use in the decision-making process.
The group was composed of the following members:
Jamie Ceman (chair), AVC OIMC
Mandy Potts, OIMC
Peggy Breister, OIMC
Ivana Milosovic, College of Business
Lori Halstead, University Staff Council appointee
Brandon Miller, AVC Enrollment Management
Brian Klinger, Administrative Services
Ashley Meyer, Student – Oshkosh Student Association appointee
Melissa Bublitz, College of Business
Richard Marshall, Senate of Academic Staff appointee
Sara Steffes Hansen, College of Letters and Science
Stephen Kercher, Faculty Senate appointee
Study Group Members
- Jamie Ceman, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Integrated Marketing Communications
- Melissa Bublitz, Assistant Professor, Marketing
- Sara Hansen, Associate Professor, Journalism
- Brian Klinger, Purchasing Manager, Administrative Services
- Heibing, Madison-based Marketing Firm